PLEASE NOTE: This course is offered via the TaxTribe Tax.School platform – click on the “Take This Course” button to be transported to the course (or click here).
For TP Methods, the student will fully understand how each method works, the specific conditions for a method to be applied and be able to perform the calculations required for each method.
The module further aims to provide the student with a thorough understanding of the comparability analysis, once the transaction has been delineated and the significant comparability factors taken into account. The comparability analysis is crucial to be able to determine the correction (if any) required to calculate an arm’s length price.
Lastly intra-group services will be studied, to ascertain when these services are rendered, to determine an arm’s length charge for these services and further conditions relating to the application of the OECD guidelines to intra-group services and low value-adding intra-group services.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Compare/contrast the various transfer pricing methods that can be used to determine an arm’s length price.
- Critically analyse the nine steps of a comparability analysis.
- Evaluate the use of comparables in a comparability analysis.
- Interpret OECD transfer pricing guidelines surrounding the charging for intra-group services.
- Identify which intra-group services can be classified as low value-adding intra group services.
This course is Module 2 of a 4 Module course on Transfer Pricing. Each Module stands separately, however, we suggest that you complete all 4 courses in order to get the full benefit of these teachings.
Additional Modules in the whole course are:
- Module 1 – Transfer Pricing Legal Framework
- Module 2 (this course) – Sharing Corporate Resources
- Module 3 – Transfer Pricing Specialised Areas
- Module 4 – PE’s & Compliance and Dispute Resolution